DKK 24 million from Independent Research Fund Denmark to Technical Sciences
Independent Research Fund Denmark grants DKK 23.8 million to six research projects at Technical Sciences
Independent Research Fund Denmark (IFRD) is investing a total of DKK 696 million in 202 new research ideas from all the main academic areas. DKK 219 million will go to AU researchers, and of this DKK 24 million will go to researchers from Technical Sciences.
The grants from IRFD have all been allocated to the scientific category “Technology and Production Sciences”:
(The links lead to the individual project descriptions on IFRD's homepage. When you get there, click on the headline to expand the text).
- Qi Zhang, Department of Engineering: Analytics Straight on Compressed IoT Data (Light-IoT).
- Zheng Guo, Department of Engineering: Combating plastic pollution: de novo discovery of enzyme to break C-C backbone (Acronym: Combastic).
- Pedro Carvalho, Department of Environmental Science: Constructed wetlands for the treatment of cyanotoxins: enabling water reclamation for irrigation (WETCYANO).
- Nicolas Volet, Department of Engineering: Lasers with multiple optical feedback.
- Margit Bak Jensen, Department of Animal Science: Can dairy cows have the best of both worlds – positive emotional states rearing their calf and subsequent stress-less separation? (Cow'n'calf).
- Søren Ole Petersen, Department of Agroecology: New concept for modelling N2O emissions from soil: Explicit representation of organic hotspots (acronym: modelN2O).